The Downtown Action Team (DAT) advocates for downtown growth and development, and lobbies for incentives for small and local business owners to thrive, grow and succeed.
Our vision is to make Downtown Albuquerque the region’s most irresistibly positive urban experience.
2 0 1 5
Our mission is to optimize the value of Downtown Albuquerque as the economic, creative and entertainment heart in the community.
- Serve as the management committee for the Business Improvement District to provide enhanced services to the business and properties within the BID.
- Develop and attract quality growth and investment in Downtown which benefits the greater Albuquerque region.
- Understand the market and proactively collaborate with all the key players in the community to develop and implement strategies to reach our desired outcomes.
- Ensure a clean and hospitable environment in Downtown Albuquerque through our Hospitality and Clean Ambassadors.
- Enhance safety in Downtown by collaborating with appropriate agencies and property and business owners.
- Foster public and private cooperation for quality growth and investment in Downtown development.
- Create promotional programs and sponsor events to increase business activity.
- Create and implement Economic Development initiatives, strategies and marketing plans to recruit and retain desireable businesses.
- Develop an environment for vibrant Downtown residential neighborhoods.
- Enhance the image of Downtown by increasing the quality of the environment and by articulating that quality to the general public.
- 2009 DAT Annual Report (Click on the link to view the PDF version of the 2009 DAT Annual Report)
By 2015, Downtown Albuquerque, with its uniquely attractive combination of educational, technical, cultural, research, commercial, residential, retail and entertainment opportunities, is the region’s most desired location for the leading “innovative economy” businesses.
By 2015, Downtown Albuquerque will be the home for ten new leading businesses in the creative and innovative economy, 2015 new residents and an urban food market.
The Downtown Action Team is a proud member and partner of the following:
NM Mainstreets Program
International Downtown Association
City of Albuquerque – Mayor Richard J. Berry
State of New Mexico – Governor Susana Martinez
Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce
Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau
Hispano Chamber of Commerce
Albuquerque Economic Development (AED)
National Association of Office & Industrial Properties (NAOIP)
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Accion New Mexico Micro-Lender
WESST Corp. Business Incubator
All Indian Pueblo Council
Association of Commerce and Industry (ACI)
Albuquerque Independent Business Alliance
And Many More!
Get Involved in New Mexico’s Most Exciting Project!
Call the Downtown Action team at 505-243-2230 to learn more about how you can become involved.